Thursday, June 12, 2014

Landry Photo 1, Final, Fall 2014

My most memorable experience during this semester is most likely when I went out to capture the photographs on the water. I drove out to many different places in Casco Bay to take the photos and focused mainly on historical objects such as remnants from WWII. One time I cautiously drove right up to an oil tanker at anchor off of Little Chebeague to capture the size of it compared to the water. Taking pictures of marine wildlife such as lobsters, crabs, seals and birds is another great part of this semester as I was able to get very good images of them. All in all, I enjoyed taking photographs this semester and will make sure that they are all backed up so I can look at them in the years to come.

The assignment that I'm most proud of is the free choice one. I went out early Saturday morning to make sure the tide was right so I could go on an island without being constrained by the shifting tides. I ventured out past Chebeague towards the open ocean and took a left and landed myself at Sand Island where I got to photograph all kinds of ducks. I didn't stay long as the birds' were nesting there and weren't too happy I was near them. I went back the way I came between Chebeague and Long Islands and dropped my anchor at Little Chebeague and waded in. I found many old cottages falling down and overgrown with bittersweet which angered me that the invasive vines had taken so much control over the place. I finally came back to Littlejohn and photographed the interesting boat traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment